The Ruby Slipper Project

This is a place for creative self-discovery. Women come and paint without judgment or expectation and embrace the journey as their own. Just like Dorothy, we all have the answers within us, this is just a beautiful way of discovering them.

Monday, October 4, 2010

I will not teach you to paint Mallard Ducks


When I was a young girl, my mother sent me to Millie's. Millie had an awesome art studio for kids and we were allowed to create freely, without judgment or criticism. I loved it. Then my mom sent me to an art class where I was to learn how to paint Mallard ducks in oil. I was 7. I hated it. The teacher said it wasn't very good. And so the journey of self-doubt began.

I will not teach you how to paint ducks, trees or flowers. Nor will I teach you techniques about depth and distance. What I will do is facilitate a space where you can create freely, without judgment and without critique. I will help you with your own journey of self-discovery and guide you back to the heart. You can still paint ducks if you want, we never know what will come out of our souls when we let go and surrender to the paint. You are an amazing artist, I know it. Come and discover what you can create if you are given the space and time to just let go. Everyone is welcome, even if you can't paint a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment